A Veterinary Hospital was built on this site in 1958 by Dr. J.R. Brooks.
At that time, it functioned as an equine hospital for Jefferson Downs Race Track located across the street at the present site of Lafreniere Park. David Drive was a dirt road which served as the “backside” of the track.
In 1990, the clinic was purchased by Dr. Steve Slaton and has changed and grown over the years into the small animal veterinary hospital known as Pet Care Center. After many years of planning, in 2006, the decision to build a new facility was set into place. The next two years brought much planning, construction, and two new partners: Dr. Erica Brooks and Dr. Michelle Boudreaux. In the years since, the David Drive location has become a full service 24-hour Emergency Hospital. In addition, Pet Care Center has expanded by opening multiple locations throughout the Greater New Orleans area.
We are truly humbled by the support from the communities we serve. Thank you for allowing us to grow!