Pet Owner Resources
Helpful Links for Pet Care Center Clients
Please note, Pet Care Center provides these pet resources as information only - we do not recommend nor are we affiliated with these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.
Pet Health, Pet Behavior & Pet Info Sites
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Kennel Club
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
- Clean Run - Agility Information
- Center for Veterinary Medicine - U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Pet Health Network - Answers about your pet
- Heartworm Society – Learn more about deadly heartworms and what you can do to protect your pet
- Assisted Living for Seniors with Pets
- The ASPCA - Exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain, and suffering in animals.
- ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Center - for any animal poison-related emergency or if worried your pet ate something toxic.
- The Humane Society of the United States promotes the protection of all animals. Here you will find many wonderful animal-related stories and information on pet care, pet adoption, and animal welfare issues.
- Pets & Parasites - recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of parasite infections.
- Basic information on domestic and international travel of pets by the US Department of Agriculture
- Veterinary Oral Health Council – pet dentistry
- HomeAgain & AKC Reunite Microchips – update your pet’s microchip information
“I highly recommend to anyone whose dog gets sick. Took my daughter's newest family member there today she was suffering from Kennel Cough. The staff and the Vet were very helpful and explained everything to me. They really cared about the dog they just met. If I still lived here in Chalmette I would bring all of my pets here. Keep up the terrific job y'all are doing for the animals in St. Bernard Parish.”
Sherry Phillips - Pet Care Center Chalmette